GET THE NITTY GRITTY ON
NITPICKIN MOBILE DETAILING
Get to know our car detailing business! Who we are? Why detailing? Do we do anything aside from detailing & more?
NitPickin was born on March 13th of 2018
Plans to expand? Yes
Who owns NitPickin?
Tommy & Julia Trenton
NitPickin's most valuable asset is Detail Bookie
Tommy & Julia have 4 kids together!
Since we started using Detail Bookie, NitPickin has had a whopping 1297 customers since April 1st, 2020 Wow, that's amazing. All without spending a dollar on ads.
Mike & Torie! We first met them on Dec 29th of 2018 and have since detailed their vehicle every 2 weeks. We switched them over from bi-weekly to monthly. Mike & Torie are still happy customers to this day. 11-24-2023
Self Sign Up %
78% of our customers create their own estimates and book their own appointments right from our website! The other 22% call us with questions. That is awesome!
Customer Rebook Rate
We currently have a 73.7% rebook rate. This fluctuates from 46% to 80% as the season's change and we get our 6-month and yearly customers in all in the same season!
Start Up Cost?
NitPickin cost $12,500 to launch. That includes everything, ready to hit the road, in uniform, looking good, the website launched, Google My Business verified, completely legal & ready for business.
Most Expensive Tool?
Aside from our trailer, our most expensive tool is the Chief Steamer 100! This thing totaled out at $1400. We use it to super clean cracks and crevices, panels, carpets, seats, etc It's worth every penny and it still works perfectly to this day!
Longest Detail, 1 Car?
Our longest detail was a 3 stage paint correction and ceramic coating on a black 2010 Camaro SS that took
3-1/2 days. It turned out amazing and the customer was blown away!
Craziest Item Found?
The craziest item we have found in a vehicle was under the seat. It was a 14k gold ring with large diamonds embedded in it. We showed the customer, he said oh idk who's ring that is, you can have it! I still have that ring today!
Highest Paid Skill?
Our highest paid skill is easily paint correction. With so many different buffers, pads, compounds, vehicle paints, vehicle conditions, and different vehicle shapes and sizes, no vehicle is the same. Becoming a professional paint correction specialist hasn't happened overnight. It comes over time and with experience.
NitPickin Business Statistics &
Fun Facts. Updated every few months!
Tommy Trenton Jr
Strengths & Qualities?
Tommy's unmatched work ethic is how NitPickin is even possible. He's very innovative, sharp with branding and marketing, and talented with graphic design, web design, and web development. He's creative with music production and video production as well. Great with customer relations & customer service. Tommy has the ability to fit in anywhere. Self-motivated and motivating to others.
"Tommy" I chose detailing because for me it just feels natural. Not just the detailing side of things but the actual building/growing of this business. After researching detailing businesses in my area I realized there is a wide-open market for professional high-quality detailing, paint correction, and ceramic coatings. I'm not just building a business, I'm building a brand.
I'm also actively growing my skills in web design & development, photography, branding, marketing, business management, customer relations, customer service, and so much more. Some would call it hard work but I enjoy it so it hardly feels like work. Although I do work hard ; ) I enjoy being in control of every move NitPickin makes.
The bottom line is I chose Detailing because everything I know how to do ties itself up around the idea of owning and growing a professional detailing business. Plus I like detailing!
Are you friendly with other detailers?
We are most certainly friendly with other detailers. We don't consider other detailing businesses in our area as competitors more than we consider them as our colleagues. We have no problem sharing information, ideas, strategies, tips, or anything else. Whatever it may be, our main goal is to play our part in helping build a thriving professional detailing industry. Detailers are welcome to contact us for any reason!
Does NitPickin Participate in Events?
Yes we do! We attend at least one car show a month and are open to participate in other events as well.